Well, we had our first false alarm. I was having a lot of Braxton Hicks contractions last night (I personally thought it was the excitement from the start of the Bachelorette which, by the way, has some CHEESY guys vying for Jillian's heart) but then I started to get some cramping with them around midnight. So, after awhile of them not getting better I decided we should probably go to the hospital and get it checked out. So, we were there at 2:30 and left late this morning. Bottom line...my cervix looks good and the contractions were being caused by the lovely bladder infection I just found out I have - no wonder I've been going to the bathroom every 5 minutes and have to walk like an 80 year old woman! But, the worse part was I had a repeat of what happened when I got checked into the hospital with Max over 5 years ago. I was given Brethine (muscle relaxer to stop the contractions) and instead of making my heart rate go up (which is what it normally does) it made my blood pressure drop - to 39/25. The nurse said she had never seen that happen in the 8 years she had been working...nice. I can't even explain the feeling except that I couldn't breathe and was starting to black out. But, after getting oxygen and IV fluids in me I started to feel better within 10 minutes. They would have probably sent me home within an hour or two, but after that episode the doctor told me "you just checked yourself into labor and delivery."
But, since everything stabilized I was able to come home and was just told to take it easy. I'll be on several antibiotics for a week and hopefully that will take care of my current issues. I'm off to take a nap since I got no sleep last night. I told Don that it's impossible to get any rest while at the hospital and he said "wasn't hard for me." Men...gotta love them! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







24 comments:
Jennifer Lane, don't you dare have that baby in May! June 16th is exactly 4 weeks away so you've got to hold on for 31 more days! I'll tell ya what - I'll send FBIL to your house and he can be your nursemaid. But just remember that when he cooks, he uses chunks! Minor detail . . .
Legs up and on the couch....rest time! You might need a "prepartem doula" to keep you in line and resting up. Take care and rest...God bless
I hope we don't have too many of these practice sessions or I might have to buy a big supply of toothpicks to keep my eyes open. Like a good mother, I tore out across town to stay with Max. He slept through the entire thing, but I could not go back to sleep. So, I watched three shows of "Without a Trace." Finally made coffee around 5 and Max was up at 6 He wanted to know where his momma and daddy were and once I told him, he said he wanted a waffle to eat. Not a problem to him as long as he could get food. Glad she is O.K. I think I made it to her house in about 5 to 7 minutes. I'll try and cut that down next time.
JENNIFER LANE DUNN CLARDY!!!!! My heart just stopped!!! You better quit that hard partying you are doing. I mean, I know you want to have a few more moments before the babies come but this is getting ridiculous! YOU BETTER SIT YOUR HINEY DOWN RIGHT NOW!!!!
Now, I think Olivia's birthday which is May 31 would be a good day.
Shari, I think sending FBIL to SC would be a TERRIFIC IDEA! In fact, FBIL needs to take over Mighty Max and CO. for the next 3 months otherwise, we won't get any updates on these babies b/c Jenny-girl will be too busy. Now, please explain the chunk situation.
OK Jennifer,
As your FBIL, I can handle this situation even better than Al Haig did with the situation involving my favorite Prez...The Ronald.
First, don't let that Doctor give you that drug again! If he does, I have a bunny suit for him and a deer lease for him to use it at...if you get my drift.
BTW,in college we didn't call it Brethine. We called it Qualude but that's another story.
Second, hire Pat or I'm headed your way. In either case, we will have a deer blind as an amenity to the golf course behind your house and Max will be the next Matt Dillon with a pistol in the neighborhood.
My saddle bags are packed so just send the signal!
WOW!! That is big-time excitement right there! I am so glad you went though. I am SO sorry that you have the bladder infection. That is just awful! I am glad they kept a close eye on your after taking that medicine. I just love watching the babies in the top corner bouncing around. I imagine that they are your two babies. They always look like they are having a great time in there! :)
So glad everything is alright! What is it with not having symptoms with bladder infections when you are pregnant? I had one early on and didn't know it until the doctor told me. At least now you have all the motivation you need to get the bags packed! If Don got rest you must have been up on the 6th floor, a few weeks ago when I was in triage on the 5th Kevin complained the entire time about the chair being uncomfortable! Men can sleep through anything!! Take care!
Awh man. That's no fun. You gotta take it easy. There's plenty to watch on tv and I'm sure all of us in the blogging world can keep you entertained these last few days. I'm praying for you!!!
Now, about the Bachelorette... WHAT is up with the guy that has a "foot thing"? That was idiotic. I don't think Jillian is very discerning. And, with 30 guys, you'd think there would be at least a handful of really charming, classy, men, but I agree...CHEESE!
Please take it easy!!!!!
I am so glad you hired the Doula! Good for you, I REALLY want you to enjoy all of it...and having someone there to help will make that possible! GOOD FOR YOU!
Scott has always wanted me to get someone to help me with Lindsay and I look back and see how I would have been a much better Mama had I listened and NOT worried about the $$
RELAX!!! And get to week 36!
FBIL, if you are coming to SC,please bring your tool belt. Tuck is not moving as fast on this remodeling project as he did in the beginning. You could work days at my house and nights at Jennifer's. Or vise versa. Tuck leaves the lights on and the windows open at night so I am awake watching for the bad guys to enter through the window. A little hammering and banging around would not be problem for me. I'm getting worried we won't have enough beds for people to sleep in when they come to see the babies. You may want to bring your own air mattress as well.
So glad you are ok and you came home without babies this time...keep'em cooking!!
Kelly
Jennifer, I was just thinking about you last night and I thought you'd be going any day now. There is no way you'll make it to June 16th!! I can't wait to hear the news:) Take it easy and just watch TV and sleep all day!!
I watched the Bachelorette and that guy with the mustache drawing on his pinky was strange. Some of those guys were realllly you and immature. Oh, and it makes me laugh SO hard when they give the guy's age as "25" and his title is "advertising EXECUTIVE"???!!! Huh?
You poor thing. I can't imagine being 9 months pregnant AND having a bladder infection. I hope you feel better soon and I hope the next time is for real!!
Jennifer, I have been praying for you and hope you are able to get some rest as you await the arrival of the twins. I am sorry to hear about what you endured at the hospital. You are a real trooper and those little ones will be in your arms at the right time. Praying for you!
oh man...I totally forgot about the bachlorette. was it major cheeeeesy!
Girl..you need to just settle down and not get up for a while. relax...because you will be cwazy in a couple of weeks! good for you, getting the post partem doula. that will be such a big help...
I don't see how anyone does it without one.
Just checking in after being out of town for a bit. Glad things are stabilized and hope that you make it to June! I have a friend that is a doula and loves it. I think that yours will be a great help to you. :)
Pheweeee, Jenny. Way to get us all up in a stir! REMEMBER THE MOON or our names are all messed up. My 1st prediction might be more correct. I'll do some detailed research on Memorial Day weekend and see what names can be derived. Either way, you could STILL use Quinn if you get the doc to pull him out second b/c that would make himthe fifth in your family.
OK...how bout that annoying BILBRO dude on Bach. I'm SOOOOO glad she didn't pick him. I think the reason she wasn't so discerning was b/c she was wasted. She wasn't quite as fresh and spry when she came on after all that partying.
Glad that all is ok and the little ones are staying put for a little longer! Brethine made me jittery but the mag drip...wowza! It was horrible but oh so worth it in the end...
I am such a loser friend! MIA big time! BUT I am thinking of you, praying for you and think you will go before the 16th! Yahooo
BTW, cute post below this one!
Keeping you in our prayers, Jennifer! I remember calling my neighborhood friends when I went in to the hospital to have MFC to let them know I wouldn't be watching The Bachelor with them that night!! Brent and I watched in the hospital waiting for her to arrive. I think the first episode this time was cheeeeeeeeesy.
I'm the LOSER friend. Here it is almost a week later and I'm just now checking your blog. Bad me! Glad to hear you're still going strong. It's so exciting that you could go anytime. I feel like your pregnancy flewwww by! I'm so excited for you Jennifer!
3 weeks & 3 days until June 16th! Hang on, little sister! Don't let the moon determine your arrival date - the moon doesn't give good birthday gifts. (hint! hint!)
Ok, I am little late to comment on this. I thought I already had, but I dont see it anywhere?
First of all I cant believe you only have 35 days left. It has flown by! I am sure you dont feel the same way. It is getting so exciting. I cant wait to see the first pictures and find out what the names are!
I agree with everyone else...you need to sit back and take it easy. Prop those feet up high and make Don wait on you hand an foot and get you Sonic Ice whenever you need it. BTW - I have gone through SEVERAL 10 lb bags already.
Gotta love the practice runs! How are you feeling now?
Post a Comment