Sunday, February 8, 2009

A little this and that

We've been pretty busy the past week or so. Here are just a few tidbits...

Two Fridays ago...
We went to dinner with our friends, Pat and Barb (look HERE for how we became fast friends). Their little girl, Faith, and Max have been friends since birth and it doesn't take them long to warm up to each other...no lack of sillyness when they're together.Last Saturday...
Another basketball game for Max. Max has a perfect record so far this season...don't think he's touched the ball once! But, he enjoys going out there and running around for an hour so that's just fine with us. Here he is checking out Spain's good form...Libby, I thought I would throw this picture in of Spain since you always seem to miss his shots.Sometime last week...
Couldn't resist taking a picture of Max during a nap. This boy still sucks on his thumb when he sleeps. Well, the thing is he really has never sucked it he just has to have it in his mouth...I know he's 5 but it's still so sweet to me.Last Monday...
On our way back from Walmart Max begin to argue with me about something I told him (this has become a habit of his lately). I told him that arguing with his parents is wrong, it's a sin and that Jesus doesn't like it. His voice started to quiver and he asked me in this pitiful voice..."Is Jesus going to put me in jail?"

Last Thursday...
I had my monthly doctor's appointment and everything looked good...and BIG! I'm 20 weeks tomorrow but I'm measuring 26 weeks - YIKES! I guess this is normal with twins, but again, the vanity in me kicks in and wonders how much sagging skin I'm really going to have on my stomach after it's all said and done. I have gained 9 lbs so they said that was good but I know that will start increasing rapidly as I get into the 2nd half of my pregnancy. I took these pictures today (first attempt at self portraits) because I was dressed up from church and was actually wearing makeup. Don told me it was nice to see me dressed up...I guess he doesn't like my sweatpants I wear every day and my hair in a ponytail???Friday was Lily's (my niece) 9th birthday but we celebrated on Thursday night. My mom made her famous fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy - my babies liked it A LOT and went back for seconds. She also made Lily a cake which was my favorite birthday cake when I was growing up - angel food with homemade candy icing...so, so good and fluffy! She put a doll in the middle of the cake to make it look like the cake was her dress...this was my exact birthday cake I had one year when I was a little girl.My mom gave Lily a sweet gift...a ring that was Andrea's (Lily's mom) when she was a little girl. The stone is missing so they are going next week to let Lily pick out a new one and get it sized to fit her...wouldn't you have loved that gift when you were little?Yesterday...
Max had another basketball game and kept up that perfect record. We then worked on gaining some pregnancy pounds by eating a greasy hamburger at The Clock and then went to the park with some friends. Yesterday was a gorgeous day...almost 70 degrees and sunny!

Today...
Went to church, ate at Moe's and then home to play outside again...another pretty day! Max played a little T-ball and I will say that he can really hit that ball. Of course, his favorite thing to do outside is play in the dirt with trucks and trains. I must have 100 pictures like the one below...he lays in the dirt, gets his face close to the ground and proceeds to play for as long as I'll let him.Another busy week starts tomorrow!

15 comments:

Kristi Smalley said...

Jennifer, those pictures of you are GORGEOUS!!! You look like a model. I love the black streaks in your hair. Your hair is getting long, and fast.

Now, don't you worry about saggy skin. My sister, Carrie who is a size 4 had twins and her skin just popped right back. If yours doesn't, you can go invest in some SPANX or maybe one of the crafty girls like Julie, Nikki or Inger or even your mother can make you a harnass to lift up your uterus and skin and maybe tie it up around your neck to keep it from dragging on the ground. YOU DON'T WORRY AT ALL!!!

I love all the updates from the last week. Your mom is a good granny. Did she keep your glasses from childhood to maybe pass down to one of your twins???? HA!!!

Kelly said...

Your self portraits are quite glamorous...striking a pose!

What a fun and busy weekend! Those twins better be ready to hang with you!

Kelly

Windsor said...

You look great!!!! I wished I looked that good at 20 weeks. You are half way...I know that is a relief in some way! Max is too cute!

Jennifer said...

You look fabulous! Moes is our favorite! Is Jesus going to put me in jail? Bless his heart!

Dolly said...

Oh, I'm so glad you posted pics of yourself. It's so fun to see the progress of a pregnant girls belly and you look stunning Jennifer! You really do! You really don't look like you're having twins! And little Max and Faith. They look like a great couple to me. Wouldn't it be amazing if they grew up and got married? What a cool story that would be. Glad you enjoyed your weekend with the nice weather.

Unknown said...

Hey Top Model/Model Inc.!!!! GREAT pics and glad to see the white cami in action again. I can't believe you are already 20 weeks. Half way through, sugar boog! You're doing great.

Donna said...

Woah! WAIT A MINUTE?! Jennifer Clardy! You look so pretty in those pictures! Seriously, you could be a maternity model. Cute outfit, too:)

I loved the update. The little story about Jesus putting Max in jail is adorable. I love the pic of Max on the ground in the dirt, too.

Rose said...

Can i just start by saying you look MARVELOUS!! I am sooo serious! only 9 lbs?? That is awesome. You go girl! Love all the updates. Max cracks me up (jail?)..he is a doll..
Your skin will go right back and if not, You have two precious babies to show for it. Or there is always Dr. Rey from Dr. 90210..ha ha

theowensclan said...

You have been busy. Max is growing so fast. I miss seeing him. He always makes me smile.

You look fabulous dahlin'! Your babies will love seeing the pictures when they are older.

Take care and get plenty of rest!

FBIL said...

Great blog, Jennifer. It caused me to go down memory lane, playing baseball, playing basketball and playing with girls.
Speaking of which, Walking Mom's cake reminded me of a bachelor party I once went to....ahhh, memories!

Happy Four said...

Jennifer, you could be a model. Your portraits are lovely and you look amazing. Please take note that as you go out in your community if people stare it is because you look so FAB!

jday said...

What a great story about you guys and Pat and Barb!

Love the thumb in the mouth picture- so precious!!

Kellars Mommy said...

I think you look absolutely stunning!!! That is one of the things ( aside from the gazillion other things ) that I at times feel so bummed about, I wanted so badly to do pictures but I'm not sure how great they would've looked while laying on bedrest and especially when we got to where I was limited to 3 showers a week, wow did I just tell the whole blog world that...lol..Poor Max thought Jesus would put him in jail, bless him..I can't wait for tball and basketball...

Nikki said...

The pictures of Max & Faith are adorable. I love all thier silly faces and you can tell they really enjoy each other.

Your camera takes such good and clear pictures! What kind do you have?

You are lookin fine! I cant believe you have only gained 9 lbs. That is insane. Are you exercising alot? Tell me your secret.

Momofgirls said...

Jennifer..what a beauty you are! You REALLY look gorgeous!

My favorite pic of Max is the last one, cute little tush sticking up! That is how Lindsay plays!